Weirdness

There's some weirdness going on over here. We went away on vacation and I cannot figure out if it was so relaxing and blissful because we were out of the daily grind, or because we went to a more laid back town. The cost of living in the Bay Area is really wearing on me; I don't feel like we're ever going to get ahead or get moving on our lives. We are stuck in a teeny apartment because the rental market is bananas and as much as we'd like the space, we can't justify more than doubling our rent for extra space. But coming back to the Bay Area after vacation I feel really down and just out of sorts. Sick of this place. Sick of Oakland's unsavory qualities.

Work is also weird. Really weird. I hope to be able to share more in the coming weeks and months, but suffice it to say it's weird and in transition.

I'm really trying hard to reframe and pray and breathe and sit with all of this, which you guys know is my life's work. Sigh.




Comments

  1. Yeah, I think sometimes we're all in weird parts of our life when nothing seems to be quite right. I guess it is good we have these moments so we can truly appreciate the really good parts. Eventually, it will all work itself out or your mindset will shift. Hang in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right; I think being in this place makes me really try to step back and gain perspective and redefine what "bad" vs. "good" is. I.e. I have a job. That pays me. Those are not bad things. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment