Thank you

Thanks peeps for your emails and calls and comments after my last post. I've felt the love and support and SO appreciate it. We are supplementing with formula today; it seems to upset his stomach so I was reluctant to rely on it at all, thus the frantic/insane push to make enough breastmilk. But I heard from all of you, and honestly, knowing that it was SO HARD and crazymaking for you too, really helped. All along I've been going on thinking, ok, other people have done this without trouble so why can't I? Which is actually not true at all.

So. Formula. Today. Rather than do 4 oz of breastmilk, then 4 oz of formula, etc. we decided to do a 3:1 ratio today to see how he tolerates it (and have preemptively given him gripe water and are ready to give him gas drops if need be.) I talked with my lactation consultant and she said to 1. get some sleep because I sounded at the end of my rope and 95% breastmilk is wayyy better than giving up and saying oh to hell with this whole thing. 2. Go to bed when he goes to bed at 8, so I can get a solid stretch. 3. DO NOT obsess over how much milk I'm making. Pump, and see how much I get, and then that's that. Supplement with formula and do not even crunch the numbers.

Phew. I'm going to try to get some sleep this weekend. Thanks again for the love and support. You guys are the best.


Comments

  1. Hang in there mama! You're doing great. Hope it went well today with the formula in the mix.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment