Here We Go!

Ok peeps. I'm 10 weeks postpartum tomorrow and have 15 lbs to lose. Surprisingly, she says sarcastically, they are not magically melting off with breastfeeding. I can't fit into most of my work clothes and I've got 5.5 weeks until I go back. Gulp.

I read this post over on Nerd Fitness and kicked myself for reading it late: I could have really used a six-week challenge. Dang.

But ONWARD WE GO.

In the next 5.5 weeks, my three simple goals:

  1. Take Facebook off my phone. I'm spending way too much time on it. Too much time that could be spent cooking/preparing healthy food to set me up for success and/or going for walks with bebe and/or just marveling at Mr. Man. 
  2. Eat clean M-F, indulge a bit on the weekends. I could write a book on the navel-gazing I've done around this, but suffice it to say, the days of Whole30 are over. The days of extreme, restrictive, all-or-nothing food rules are over. I know what and how to eat to fuel my body and feel good, i.e. I don't choose spinach because I'm supposed to, I choose it because I love the way I feel when I eat it. Sometimes I choose chocolate or red wine. 
  3. Aim to move every day; whether it be a walk to Trader Joe's or a set of bodyweight squats in the living room, aim to move. This combats general fat-chick thinking, which leads to better food choices, and also helps me not go insane being inside all day. The weather is starting to be amazing around here, and little man's schedule is a bit more predictable day-to-day. 
A really good article here about motivation and how to set goals, meaning set them so low and easy that you KNOW you'll achieve them. 

That's my plan. I'm having Pete print a calendar of the next few weeks and I'm giving myself Lucia's potty training reward stickers for every day I'm on track. 

Comments