List of Pregnancy Complaints

Yeah. I could totally write a post about that. Tuesday I went to the City for a meeting and decided it would be a "good idea" to walk extra. I came back to Oakland hobbling. I don't know what I did to my hip, but it was killing me. It's gotten better as the week has progressed. We've had interviews for open positions/important meetings all week, and I decided it would be just great to go into the office Tues-Thurs, which meant I was a total zombie when I got home last night.

I also have insomnia, which means I am up around 3 a.m. most mornings and sometimes am fortunate enough to fall back asleep. Othertimes not. Ugh.

Basically, I'm a totally normal pregnant lady who is starting to slow down as we head into the home stretch.

In other news:

  • My blood sugar is fine. 
  • I have a cold. Erg.
  • Our first party EVER at our place in Oakland (we've only been here 2.5 years!). It's exciting. We're making grocery runs and cleaning like crazy people. Is there anything better than a cleaning deadline? I think not. 
  • Our beloved babysitter? Her birthday is April 4. Baby boy is in such good company. 
  • The husband of our sweet elderly neighbor across the hall died last week; he declined quickly and it was for the best, as sad as it is. The wonderful thing is the sense of community the other neighbors have provided; we've all rallied to support the widow and her daughter. Also? Our neighbor offered to come sit with Lucia if I go into labor in the middle of the night and/or our Rescue Team can't get to us quickly. So great. So thankful for that. As much as I complain about living in an apartment, the sense of community really warmed my heart this week. 
That's all I got. Have a good weekend.


Comments