Day 14

I'm basically feeling like I can conquer the world, yo. I'm on Day 14 of the Whole 30 and well, this is what I remember happening in the past at this stage: it just clicks and it all becomes so simple.

We went the Counter last night for burgers and I typically get the burger over lettuce with their chipotle sauce, grilled onions, bacon and avocado and I typically eat sweet potato fries there too. But the Whole 30 has me avoiding seed oils (canola, soybean, etc.), so the sauce is out, since it's likely make with conventional mayo and possibly sugar. So I had a burger with a fried egg on top, avocado, roasted red peppers, tomatoes, and as a "sauce" ? Grey poupon. I could not get enough of that stuff yesterday. So delicious and flavorful. I skipped the fries too. It was a really good example for me of where I could aim to do a lot better, and I did.

I'm feeling great. Still coughing, so I'm not back at the gym yet, but my skin is clear, I'm sleeping great, and my energy levels have stabilized so I'm not getting that grouchy/sleeping energy sag around 3 p.m daily. I also wonder how much of that was just psychological; growing up and most of my adult life I've had snacks about that time. Growing up my mom was the BEST at having snacks ready for us after school (hello warm brownies), so I'd often look to that time of day to check out with food and for it to hit those pleasure centers in my brain. Somehow, and the It Starts With Food book talks about this, loading my meals with as many vegetables as possible and listening to my body (do I need to check out? What's up? Feeling overwhelmed? Do I need a nap?) and it's worked wonders for overall stress. Good stuff, peeps.

Comments