Wow, 2012

It's hard to think that a year ago we were in Norway celebrating Christmas, I had already had two hysteroscopies and the possibility of another baby was a giant question mark. Oh, and I had just signed up for Lean Eating, thinking it was just another plan to get fit/lose weight. As you know, it's been anything but. 

What a year. January I spent a week alone while Pete and Lucia were still in Norway, cleaning/organizing/purging the house. This is something I do at the end of every year. It feels like a real fresh start for the new year that way. (We did the same yesterday) I started the Lean Eating program and as the program dictates, focused on one day at a time. One workout, one meal, one bite, one habit at a time. 

February meant more hysteroscopies, which was sad. In March we did our final hysteroscopy. In May a new job completely fell into Pete's lap, thanks to a tip from our good friend, and wheeee life takes off in a different direction. June and July were my fittest/leanest months and also the month of my 20th high school reunion. I think listening to music that took me back to those days helped me envision the size and shape I wanted to be for that reunion, incidentally. The day we came home from that, I found out I was pregnant. :) 

August was a white-knuckle ride of is this pregnancy going to take, with HCG tests every three days to ensure little skittle was growing. 

September was Disney World, which was simply magical. Loved it so much. 

October we announced the pregnancy to the rest of the world. My boss resigned that month so I suddenly assumed the helm. November I celebrated my birthday and December was a blur of holidays and catching up with friends. 

It's been a weird year but the obvious highlight is Baby Boy. Can't believe in 13.5 weeks we'll have a son. That is surreal. 

Happy New Year to you. Hope yours is full of light and promise. 

Comments

  1. Happy New Year, Heather!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:40 AM

    Happy New Year to you, too. :-) Hope yours is full of light, and promise, too. :-) (Belated Happy New Year, in May, but this was such a wonderful post... made me happy again, after being today. Lots of journeys, lots of beautiful transits, lots of changes. :-) Really lots of happy to read an interesting life's tale and confrontations with hope/change/positiveness. "A snake sheds its skin." ...and is very flexible, and meditative.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment