THIRTY NINE

I can tell you a few things with confidence at the ripe age of 39:
  1. Face/wrinkle cream is not optional anymore. The nights I skip my night cream/eye cream combo uh, you can really, really tell. I'm thankful for great genes and a Mom who taught me this early on. Moisturization is KEY. 
  2. I'm old, and love sleep. I'm unapologetic about it. Even when I'm not pregnant, I need at least eight to nine hours a night to feel functional. Yes, I realize having a newborn might impact this. :) But at age 39, I'm no longer of the mindset that wheeeee five hours of sleep is SO BADASS. Five hours of sleep is SO STUPID AND PEOPLE COULD GET HURT. 
  3. It's just like peeps say, the older you get, the more you basically think eff it about what people think and say and do and if they judge you. I bet you judge me, and that's OK, I judge me. But guess what? I'm the only one I have to report to. Not everyone likes me, that's OK. I really like me, and have a network of friends and family who also really like me. And I like them back. 
  4. I saw this quote a few weeks ago from Marianne Williamson, who is a uh, minister? I guess you'd call her? Anyway, she's written several books about spirituality, and this amazing prayer book called Illuminata, which our wedding vows came from and I pray from regularly. Here's the quote: "Maturity includes the recognition that no one is going to see anything in us that we don't see in ourselves. Stop waiting for a producer. Produce yourself." I've clung to that quote as I've transitioned into a task lead and am FINALLY, finally peeps, calling the shots at work and making a path and name for myself. I'm FINALLY getting the hang of consulting and writing scopes and leading tasks. And that quote has helped me in the past month, when the self-doubt has resurfaced. Produce yourself. Here I am. 
So psyched to take 39 on. Let's do this! 
 

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you friend! Miss you tons. xo

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday, Heather!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie! Hope yours was happy too! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment