Perspective is Everything

I read these words this weekend and realized how true it really is. Today Lucia has a likely ear infection so I'm working from home with her. Not really ideal, because you try working with Norwegian Pippi Longstocking in the background (kill me now). But I realized that there's an opportunity here to be thankful for having a job with so much flexibility so I can just send an email and I don't have to take sick or vacation time to take care of my kid. That is huge. HUGE. And I'm so thankful for that.

I was also feeling bummed because I was ready to hit it fairly hard at the gym today; we have a new phase of workouts and I cleaned out my workout clothes stash last night so I have everything to wear that makes me feel good and not, well, like my clothes have shrunk. :) But that's not going to happen today, unless I go at 8 p.m. tonight. But I realized I can do bodyweight routine here at home, i.e. pushups, tricep dips, squats, planks and lunges to get my ya-yas out and still feel fit. And for that, I am thankful. To have the space here at home, to have the resources, and most of all, so psyched I have the motivation. God knows I didn't have it when I was pregnant with Lucia. As part of LE, we take measurements/weight weekly and pictures every 4 weeks. While I can see changes in my stomach, I've also been surprised to see uh, my saddlebags have been the first to come back. So. I'm aiming for 20-30 mins of activity six days a week to help with that. If I hit it hard and my saddlebags come with growing a healthy baby, so be it. That's how things are going to be. I have the rest of my life to be in shape and kick ass. Know what I'm saying? So I'm grateful in that regard for the motivation and ability to hit it hard this week. Go me!

That's about all I got this Monday. Hope you're having a good one!


Comments

  1. I also just cleaned out my workout clothes this morning and wow, what a difference it makes to know I like everything in that drawer and WANT to put it on and get sweaty. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Total woo-hoo! I got some maternity T-shirts on the sale rack at Target for $4 and figure if I have to rotate those out every week, so be it! They fit and I can rock that bump!

      Delete

Post a Comment