Sigh

It was an interesting week at work, that's for sure. Let's just say I've had an interesting relationship with a super competitive chick on my team, and have tried to look past the backbiting and snarkiness and win her over. I start to roll my eyes at this particular trait in myself -- wanting to win people over -- but then I realize it's kinda awesome and sure beats the alternative of thinking people are shitty and just being OK with that. 

Anyway, she showed her true colors this week. It was stressful. I had to reinforce some boundaries, and you probably know, that can be hard. It was hard. Beyond the physically exhausting, it was stressful. Eating and working out took a backseat to just basic survival, mentally and physically. Which maybe was the only way it could have been. 

So. Wednesday, remember? I was feeling so great and fit and clean. Then I ate Larabars, ranch dressing (yep), twice on Wednesday in salads, in an attempt to keep carbs on the lower side at meals (perhaps to offset the Larabars) and well, by yesterday thanks to day-long nausea and general desperation to just lay down, I succumbed to a gluten-free scone and was asleep by 8:30 p.m. 

Today = eating cleaner, getting in a workout and planning meals ahead so I have lots of clean stuff to eat in the next few days. The thing I keep reminding myself is eating cleaner means I feel better means I eat cleaner means I feel better. It builds on itself, everytime, and takes a few days to get the crap out of my system. I'm looking forward to feeling awesome again.

And PS, really proud of myself for holding my own this week. Go me! 


Comments