Asterisk

Day 1 of the Whole 30 and I ate like 5 things that were technically not compliant, so I decided that I'd make my own Whole 30* customized. It's not the same, I know. But I'm aiming for a good-better-best approach here, not a strict NO YOU CAN'T approach. 

  • No sugar is allowed, like at all. Did you know bacon has sugar? Dammit, it does. Realized this after eating three pieces. 
  • No extra light olive oil to use for mashed cauliflower = instead I used butter. Hells yes. Worth the Tooty McGee side effects. 
  • No extra light olive oil to make almond butter so I used the horrors! vegetable oil. Sue me. It's heavily processed! It can cause inflammation! I used maybe 1T for 2-3 c of almond butter, so I think we'll all survive if I portion out 2T a day as my treat. Mkay?

I did OK otherwise; I could have used some additional quality protein (other than bacon, I mean) but it's not really appealing to me. Blergh. I aimed for a lot more veggies today, and I've kicked some ass in slowing down, stopping before I'm full, etc. More riveting updates to come. 

Boobs still sore, Skittle still growing away, we hope hope hope. We have no signs to think otherwise. Hoooooray! 

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh! I'm just seeing all this! Is it weird that I cried a little when I read that you're pregnant??? I'm so so so so SOOOO happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :D We're thrilled.

      Delete

Post a Comment