Riveting Updates

I feel that should be the headline for every post. 

The dress doesn't work. It's not uh, substantial enough and well, bleh. Don't love it. Returning it. Sigh. Also, I've worked really hard to get where I am with my body and mind and I want to find a dress that makes me look and feel amazeballs today. Not 5 lbs from now. Today. 

Somehow related or unrelated but whatever, it's on my mind: I've recently come to the conclusion -- and this is a big deal for me -- that I really don't care what people think about me. I've started letting go of all these ways where I thought the worst thing in the world would be if so-and-so judged me. Now? Go ahead. Judge me. Meh. We have a friend who has a terrible wife (isn't that the worst situ?) who clearly doesn't like me and I always go into freaking panic WHY DON'T YOU LIKE ME JAZZZZZZZ HANDS mode around her, and now I'm just over it. Also, the preschool moms? Go ahead, judge me. Former friend shit-talking about me on Facebook? Go ahead. That's cool, it speaks volumes of you and I don't really care. 

It's kinda liberating. I'm not saying I'm cured or anything, but I'm saying that was once crippling, I'm noticing is letting up a lot and I just shrug my shoulders now when I feel judged. Oh well. I make a million judgements a day and I'll bet at least half of them are wrong. So they could be wrong, or they could be right, but it's really not any of my business, to paraphrase that famous line. (What other people think of me is none of my business)





Comments