Slaw Belly

Aside from the crying, I had a pretty rad weekend. I worked in a workout Saturday and Sunday during her naptimes, and today made some pretty mind-blowing coleslaw. My friend Megan put a recipe up on Facebook, and it looked so good, but I'm lazy/cheap so I decided to modify it to fit the ingredients I had. As I told her, I refuse to believe I'm not a gourmet chef, and sometimes that works out for me. Today was one of those times. Here's what I did:

1 gigantic head of cabbage
6 carrots
The recipe for Paleo Mayo*, doubled, plus add in 2 chipotle peppers and about a tablespoon of adobo sauce
smoked sea salt
juice of one lime
1/4c (about?) apple cider vinegar
3/4 can of salted peanuts (pulsed in the food processor to be itsy)
*Mayo = 1 egg at room temp, 1 c extra light olive oil, 1T white vinegar, 1-2 tsp dijon mustard, blended together with the oil emulsification thingy)

I ate one serving, then called Megan and said it needs something. She suggested the apple cider vinegar. Dang she's good. 

I had another serving. 

Then posted this on Twittah: 
Because hello? It's me we're talking about. For the next seven days, I will alternate between OH MY GOD I'M TOTALLY PREGNANT to OH MY GOD ITS NEVER HAPPENING SPIRAL OF DESPAIR FTW.

I'm trying to be Ok with that. It's a roller coaster for me. It just is. Hang on tight, HL!

So, Gas-X on hand, I just had my FOURTH serving of cole slaw and dammit, I'm here to tell you it's the best thing I've ever made. You get in your veggies, plus some healthy fat plus spicy plus tangy plus hello.

Highly recommend.

Comments