One more and then one more and then one more after that

There's a post out there that talks about the magic [can't find link, sorry] that comes to one's mind and mood just by picking up heavy things and putting them back down again. I'm afraid I've become addicted to it; I can be in the shittiest place mentally and go into autopilot and fight myself every. single. step. to start my warm up. Then just start. It happened today. I was fretting doing the prescribed four sets of two exercises, back to back, and struggling after two. In a flash, the thoughts came: What am I going to do? I'm not sure I can do this. I'm not sure I can get through this. And immediately, the answer: I'm going to wait a minute, catch my breath, and I'm going to go for this again. I'll honor where I am right now; in need of a breath. And then I'll get through this, one rep at a time. Focus on form. Before I knew it, I was through a half set. Then a whole set. As I struggled to do my last exercise for the day, sweat literally dripping off me, form wobbling, I thought, you got that damn right. And that, is how I approach life and all of its complexities. That is what this program has taught me: I do not quit. I struggle. But I keep going. I recognize and respect where I am in the moment, and I keep going.

Comments