Welp

So the fertility testing was supposed to start this coming Tuesday-Wednesday, approximately 7-11 days after I started my period. Before I went to Sacramento for my newly insane job, I packed like 500 industrial strength pads with me, given that they said my uterus looked fishy and like there was something in it still from the miscarriage. 

So Monday comes. No period. Tuesday. No period. Wednesday I woke up and felt my fundus: hard. WTF. So I take a test just to put my mind at ease. 

Yep, pregnant. 

What the what? We were NOT supposed to get pregnant this month. All those months of trying desperately to get pregnant and how much energy was spent charting, counting days, peeing on sticks at the office to detect ovulation (no small feat, I'll tell ya), all to have it work out that the month this wasn't supposed to happen, here we are. We were careful, but I guess this was meant to be. So awesome.

How hilarious is that? We are thrilled -- beyond thrilled, more like stunned and just laughing about the whole thing. The docs have already started taking my HCG levels and I'm using progesterone suppositories that will hopefully help support this pregnancy. It's so very early, but I'm thrilled to say I'm not stressed or terrified. I'm just taking it one day at a time and Pete and I are relishing the magic that happened this month. True magic. 

Comments

  1. OMG I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!! (yes, yelling!) can you hear me from VA??? OH YAY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Gosh!! Craziness!! Congratulations and I'm so glad your docs are on top of things.

    I'm so glad to hear that you're not stressing out about it. It certainly does sound like it was meant to be. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crazy awesome.

    Praying for you guys that all goes well.

    Isn't that the way it goes? Here you are super crazed at work and all that...and whoops, Hello baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Hell! I just cried a little. Overjoyed for you.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment