August Eats

I'll weigh in officially tomorrow, but my month of not eating very strictly Paleo was fine. At first. Then the whole am I pregnant or not or whatever thing happened around the middle of the month, and things kinda went downhill from there. Small glasses of wine (maybe 2 small in one night, but I can't have more than that without being HAMMERED). 

I fought sugar and gluten HARD; meaning I didn't have any until the night before I left for my biz trip (around Aug 20th maybe?) I had some Trader Joe's chocolate, and was all MEH about it. 

Then my biz trip found me in the middle of no where, learning the ropes and how to interact with 2 younger-than-me and schooled in PR in a very, very different way women and oh here's your warm chocolate chip cookie at the Doubletree, thanks for checking in with us! 

Dammit. 

The next day? I ate a SNICKERDOODLE. I don't even like snickerdoodles! But I was out of energy from being a damn cheerleader at these public workshops and no where to sit down and uncomfortable shoes and oh hi, this cookie will make me feel better. 

The day after that? Half of the most ghetto, low-quality oatmeal raisin cookie EVER. 

Then, the piece de resistance (or piece de not resisting, as the case may be): my parents were in town and after our mining expedition, I was understandably sad. So we went to ... wait for it... 

Cheesecake Factory for dinner. Did I order a cobb salad with no cheese and balsamic? NO. I DID NOT. I ordered a giant burger and fries. Regular fries. With extra mayo please for dipping. Yep. I did. I did control myself and ate half, and really patted myself on the back for that, until I realized the burger was easily 10 oz of meat. Oy. 

THEN. 


I don't know. I just wanted chocolate cake. So I ate half, and brought the rest home for Pete. 

Friends, I'm telling you this because tomorrow, I'm starting another Whole 30. I'm hoping eventually to NOT have anymore benders and just eat Paleo all the time, but in the meanwhile, I'll do another one. I always feel so fantastic and hell, I made it 53 DAYS without gluten and about 50 without sugar. Impressive. I can do it again. We have a wedding to attend Oct. 1, so this will be perfect. I'll work to get into the dress I've been wanting to wear for forever. YAY. 


Comments

  1. Ummmm. How can you not like Snickerdoodles?? Maybe California Snickerdoodles are different than Texas Snickerdoodles? MMMMMmmmmm, Snickerdoodles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meh! They just don't do it for me. Peanut butter (SHOCKER), chocolate chip or oatmeal raisin. Nine times out of 10 I'll choose oatmeal raisin. :)

    Also? Only up 4 lbs in August despite all that and my period/hormone disaster. I'll take it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment