In Good Company

Turns out I'm not the only one pom-pom waving over the Whole 30. Alice is author of the book Let's Panic About Babies! (HYSTERICAL). She's also super savvy and just fun to read. Check out her story. The comments are especially entertaining; my favorite was this:

Your humility with talking about food choices is brilliant. Because it is true that you could find a diet that could make you levitate, and people would actually see you levitating, and still they would be all like, "Meh, I don't really want to levitate all that much. I much prefer cheese and bad moods." Changing food choices WORKS. I've done it. All that stuff. Clear skin, weight loss, energy in abundance. Hard work with big payoffs. I'm not doing it now...I don't even love all the foods (except wine, love wine) so much as I love convenience. And not thinking about food. Because that kinda gives me anxiety, which is as bad for me as the bad foods. So I've gone the spiritual route and started praying. I know it sounds weird, but it's working as well as the food choice thing. It's taken some time and letting go of obsessing about everything I eat. But it works. I'm just as happy and healthy and energetic as when I was controlling every little thing I put in my mouth. I just pray that the food I eat gives me what I need to do the stuff I need do to be a loving mom to my four kids and a loving wife to my husband and the best ME I can be and still be tolerated by the rest of the world. Not sayin' you should try it, just sayin' it works. I never pay attention to what I eat, just keep a fair amount of good healthy stuff around. Also? I'm very inspired by your courage to write about your personal life. And you always make me laugh.Thanks! Lynn Bissell

Comments