Whole 19

There I was on Day 19 of my Whole 30, starving and exhausted and at a baseball game with my BFF and her husband celebrating, and I decided rather than walk the entire stadium trying to find a chicken breast with salad and some type of fat, I caved and had three hot dogs sans buns with chili and some tortilla chips. 

You see, friends, I was so exhausted because I am pregnant. Six weeks long today, to be precise. Let's have a minute here to celebrate shall we?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I had my first ultrasound today and everything looks normal and fine and right on target. Wheeee!! 

I am feeling stereotypical pregnant: exhausted beyond belief, and nauseous. I'm craving meat and fat like nobody's biz, which has come in really handy doing the Whole 30 (which BTW is totally safe during the pregnancy -- I'm not starving myself, I'm eating tons of food, just not grains, sugar or dairy). I have an aversion to sweet things. I have the sense of smell like a dog, which is handy but not handy when Pete wants to eat say, tomato basil chips on a car ride and I tell him CLOSE THAT BAG IMMEDIATELY OMG I'M GONNA DIE THAT SMELL IS SO AWFUL. 

We are thrilled. Beyond thrilled. We thought this month was a wash, but I guess God had other plans for us. I was a nervous wreck last week and am so thankful to have an army of supportive girlfriends who told me to just believe everything is going to be great. And it is, so far. I've been able to let go of the fear and just experience the joy of being newly pregnant and thrilled/nauseous/so goddamn tired. 

I'll continue my Whole 30 challenge and will look past the thin slices of baguette I had yesterday a.m. and the potatoes I had with my breakfast, which, just incidentally, I felt awful after eating -- physically yucky-- and I'll keep going. I feel absolutely fantastic health-wise and can't wait for my supplements to help with energy and anxiety. 

And I'm pretty darn excited about this baby. :)

Comments

  1. So So So happy and excited for you, Pete & Lucia!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yahooo!!!!! So. so. so. excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Heather! I'm so excited for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Parker11:46 AM

    Whooo Hoooo!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WAHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK...So the wahoo deserved it's own post, but on a very related note, follow up with the Hashimoto's thing. I have Hashimoto's and when it was in check during pregnancy, I felt much much better, but when it was out of whack, the whole world spun out of control. Congratulations again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone! We're so excited! Valerie, I'm having more bloodwork taken tomorrow so I'll let you know about the Hashimoto's.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment