This Was Not Supposed to Happen

I don't think you understand. I diligently have looked for all the signs of miscarriage. This was not supposed to happen. Breasts sore = check. Nausea = check. Dizziness = check. Several nights a week, I'd lay with my hands pressed over my fundus, feeling the hardness just above my pubic bone and imagining the magic happening on the other side. Arms and legs forming. Pete would also participate and put his hands there, and we'd dream of the baby. We'd been bickering over names.

I had damn near panic attacks around week 5, and told myself, thanks to some advice from my best girlies, to think positive. I envisioned a healthy pregnancy, and each time I got scared, I'd tell myself, I AM GOING TO HAVE A HEALTHY PREGNANCY. 

I suppose now I could feel like a fool for thinking that. But I'm really glad that I did. Really, really glad. It gave me piece of mind and helped me enjoy these past 3 weeks. 

My therapist told me something comforting when we were talking about my last miscarriage: in the Jewish faith they believe that the embryo (when you miscarry) was a part of you as long as it needed to be. You did a great job taking care of it, but its time was up. 

I wish our time wasn't up, little embryo. I hope she is right and I did the best job I could taking care of you. I was sure you were a boy. I had your name picked out and was lobbying your Dad hard for it. 

This wasn't supposed to happen. You were supposed to arrive near our 5 year wedding anniversary and I'd begrudgingly have my picture taken on that anniversary, feeling like a total whale but managing a smile. 

Comments

  1. heartbreaking...

    sending love and hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Heather. I'm thinking of you and your husband, and I'm so sorry for your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, I am so very sorry for your loss. Thinking of you and sending you love.

    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have any words for this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those words from your therapist are very deep. All I can say is that remember I am here for you, and I am so truly sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Parker11:42 AM

    Aw, sweetie. I don't know what to say... I'm just wish I could be there to give you a warm hug. I'm sending you all my love, mama.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sucks. I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish you could have met this embryo as well. For me I always felt like my Owen was so anxious to get here he jumped the gun and he didn't get all the pieces he needed and so I miscarried but he tried again and we got lucky and he was totally worth the pain and wait. Yours will be too. Again I am so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much everyone. I really appreciate your thoughts and prayers and sympathy. It's been a horrible time. Thanks for being there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment