The Ugly Cry

I'm not pregnant. 

Again. 

I did the ugly cry and felt sorry for myself. I was fortunate enough to discovered this news seconds before entering my therapist's comfy quarters, so I literally burst into tears before I even sat down. It was all kinds of awesome. I went to the dark and twisty places. Then over the course of the hour something happened and a louder, more confident me was saying SNAP OUT OF IT. Get over yourself!! (And not in a judgy way, in a funny way). So I'm not pregnant! We weren't really trying this month, so ok then! It helped that I spent the week praying about it and telling myself over and over that it was going to be OK if I got my period. And it is. It's OK. But I'm still glad I took the time to cry. 

I can tell you with certainty that this past month felt 500x easier and better for me than the crazy days of peeing on a stick. Or taking my temp. As I've previously established with dieting and exercise, when I obsess about something I throw my entire being into it, thereby smothering it. Nothing good ever comes of it. I have a hardcore Fertility Monitor that I can use if I feel the need. I just really enjoyed this past month more. 

To that end, Pete and I have agreed to not count days this month, enjoy each other more, and just see what happens. Please don't comment about how that's what you did and it totally worked. I know you mean well, but I just need pom-pom waving.

Comments

  1. I love getting a good cry out. Glad you got to do that at the therapist's.

    Pom Poms are definitely waving from over here!

    PS We just got a Samoyed puppy so I have been sooooo busy with the little guy. I will get some photos up on my blog eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got all my support AND empathy girl! And this: "As I've previously established with dieting and exercise, when I obsess about something I throw my entire being into it, thereby smothering it. Nothing good ever comes of it. " is brilliant. Totally me too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PomPom waving!!!!! Sending lots of love and support! Enjoy your life - you deserve it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment