Wheeeeeeeee

I'm off to Vegas tomorrow to celebrate the lovely Megan's big birthday (Four! Oh!)!!! The super shuttle arrives at ahem, 4:30 a.m., and I arrive in Vegas at 8:30. The rest of the gang gets in around 2:30, so I'll be solo for a bit tomorrow, during which I am hoping for a fine omelette and some bacon, and a possible trip to Sephora for some skin care stuff. I keep coming back to the Clinique 3-step routine. It just works, plain and simple. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I'm outta soap and yellow moisturizer, but I'm hoping for minis so I don't have to lug anything home.

Also? I am 0.4 lbs away from my goal for the week, which was to be the same weight I went last time we went to Vegas. Which was my lowest weight since having Lucia. Which? I'll boast for a minute, is uh, 60 lbs lighter than I was at my highest pregnancy weight. And 40 since highest post-pregnancy weight. Wow. I had a great week eating-wise (today's magical ingredient: BACON FAT!) and managed to work in a chocolate chip cookie without flogging myself too much for not being perfect. I'm wearing my super sexy dress Sunday night -- SO exciting!

It's also been a good week for me emotionally; I'm working hard on verbalizing things I normally stuff down and pretend are not there. As I've realized and have mentioned in previous posts; oftentimes reality vs. my fantasyland do not match. Pretending I feel a certain way in hopes I DO feel that way is just exhausting. Plain and simple. And it's liberating to say how I really feel.

I'm not hardcore into the fitness lately, and am just going to go with it. Maybe I'll get my groove back. Maybe I won't. The great thing about low-carbing it is I feel so much less puffy and lumpy in general, so I'm not feeling this tremendous pressure (that I normally pile on myself) to ACHIEVE! NEW! FITNESS! GOALS! I'll probably work in 2 sessions next week. And maybe I'll work up to 3 the next week. Or maybe I won't. It doesn't seem like the most pressing priority right now.

That's my update peeps. I hope you've had a good week, despite the heartbreaking news in Japan. It's put a lot in perspective for me this week.

Comments