Hamster Wheel Brain

My anxiety has been nearly debilitating lately, as I mentioned in my last post. I'm not sure what's up. The past few months baby making has been on my mind, so I figured easing off the gas pedal in that regard and just winging it this month would help and it has. It really has. 

But still. Dude. 

I've started to wonder if there's more of a biological thing going on, and really understanding more and more (and ok maybe being a bit envious of) people who take medication to be uh, normal. You know me, and I'm googling like crazy and trying to just take care of myself, go to the gym, unplug from Facebook, get enough rest, blah blah blah. 

But man. If you have any tips, please leave a comment and let me know. I would take out coffee, but having super active hamster wheel brain at night = must caffeinate in the a.m. 

Comments

  1. Everything my Dr's have told me to do to be "normal" you're already doing (other then the relaxing, but no one relaxes while trying to get pregnant). The drugs for normalcy are pretty brutal as they build up in your system after a few months... So don't be to jealous :-) even with the drugs, it still took me 6 months on drugs to get pregnant. Trying to get pregnant is mentally exhausting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The drugs made me a crazy person. Like really crazy but they did work as you know.

    As for your anxiety what really worked for me was knowing that when you are feeling anxious that your body can't physically handle an attack for more than 5 minutes (give or take.) Also, I also asked myself is there truth to what I am feeling...the answer was always no and that allowed me to start recovering from the attack and eventually they would start to go away (the ones that were repetitive at least.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment