Fancy Gym Sightings

Joining the fancy gym has a lot more perks than just the steam room and hot tub and fluffy towels. It also has much more attractive fit people to emulate. Yep, I said it. Low budget gym = not the sharpest looking bunch. So. I'm at the new gym today trying to look the part in my Lucy outfit and half marathon finisher T-shirt (that link is just to show you what it looks like) (mine is unfortunately stained with dark wood stain on the shoulder from uh, 2007). I get on the bike, because it's HIIT day and start my warm up and stare at the running track in front of me. And here comes this chick doing walking lunges with I'd say 8 lb dumbbells -- around the track. Wow. That looks hard. She's not super skinny (maybe a size 4/6), but she definitely looks fit. Then I watch her on the other side of the track and she's doing one squat with the weights, then shuffling over -- all along the track. I watch her come around again, and this time she's doing knee-up runs. OW. Then on the other side of the track she's doing heel-up runs. Double ow. She continues on like this for 15 minutes. And during that time I'm dying on my intervals -- legs and butt totally on fire, but watching that chick was totally inspiring! Completely. I kept going and increased the levels from what I did Monday and pushed hard and got out my grouchies from this morning's when Lucia was alternating between sobbing or literally throwing herself on my legs as I desperately tried to make coffee.

Also, I saw a woman put her underwear on inside out today in the locker room. I'm such a busybody I almost told her. Hilariously inappropriate, party of 1. 

Also also: I can't stop staring at nekked women in the locker room. Something is wrong with me. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but I'm like a moth to a flame THAT LADY HAS NO CLOTHES ON!!! 

Also x3: because fancy gym is right near my office and several co-workers I know are members, I am TERRIFIED of someone I know seeing me nekked so I pick the locker in the corner and dress as fast as I can. Upside: I'm back at the office super fast! 

One last thing: I'm taking the hip hop dance class on Friday at lunch. Should be hilarious on so many levels, because you know in group settings I become absolutely insanely competitive/know-it-all.

Comments

  1. I can't stop staring at nekked women in the locker room. Something is wrong with me. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but I'm like a moth to a flame THAT LADY HAS NO CLOTHES ON!!! LOL! That is really funny.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment