Additional Charming Updates

Well. I started prednisone last night. My fourth round in a year. FOURTH. Good god. I was feeling generally miserable and consistenly short of breath. I'm hoping this works. Wonder Allergist has done a wonderful disappearing act lately (didn't answer three emails over the past week -- he always emails me right back), so I called to find out WTF and am hopeful I'll get squared away with a new asthma management plan. Until then, I'm hanging with the 'roids. This stuff is NOT GOOD, although it does wonderful things, I worry about the long term effects on my endocrine system. Yes, I realize the long term effects of not breathing are well, more important. Having trouble breathing, aside from being well, generally alarming, is always terrifying for me given the family history. So it's exhausting and upsetting on several levels. Add that to general moving stress and I basically want to stay in bed all day.

My boots arrived. We love, however they are a teensy tight in the calves. Since there's no tabs or loops, this creates a bit of challenge in you know, getting them up my calves. I'm still in love with them though and am wearing them today. I figure they'll stretch. Yay boots!

Comments

  1. You sound like me with the allergy/asthma mess. Is it bad that if we haven't been in a while, Jonah asks to go see him? Not like it actually happens that often that we make it more then a month w/out seeing the man...I'm sure he's sick of us. He gives me Medrol most of the time instead of Prednisone because it's gentler on your system and I will be on it multiple times in a year, so the long term effects are a concern. The Advair inhaler (not the rotohaler, that thing is useless) has been my miracle drug...on top of my fabulous amazing allergist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valerie -- WORD. Have you done any research on fish oil and gluten? I just finished the Paleo Solution book and it talks a LOT about inflammation causing asthma, allergy and sinus issues. Really interesting. I went off everything but Pulmicort when I was pregs, and thought I could skate by until I got pregs again. Looks like that's a no. I hate being beholden to these medications but I don't really know the alternative. You know? So funny about Jonah asking to see your allergist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We should probably just become a gluten free family since Jonah's already allergic to wheat. I am a total carb addict though....although I may be able to trade bread and pasta for breathing. I'm not a huge sugar eater....just carbs. Yeah...the sinus surgery made a HUGE difference. I can actually breathe now...but I would prefer to never have to do that again so anything I can do to cut down on the amount of inflammation that goes after my poor sinus passages the better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, you might want to look into that book. Or RobbWolf.com to read more. I'm going to try it and will report back. I figure I've got nothing to lose at this point. I do not want to keep going on prednisone over and over again. :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment