Required Reading

Go read this. And send Amy your love. I adore that woman so much. Love the tips at the end. I've received some extremely well intentioned but unfortunately insensitive comments. Like it happens really frequently. Welp, it's only happened once to me, and I can assure you, once is more than enough. Or it was so early, be thankful. Well, it was early, but technically 8.5 weeks, and certainly not early enough for me to start dreaming and hoping and planning and well, dreaming. I realize it could have happened later. I know I have tons to be thankful for and a beautiful 2 year old baby girl with blue eyes as big as saucers. I know this. But I still lost something. I feel empty and broken. I know I won't feel this way forever, and I think it's important to just let myself FEEL.


Comments

  1. Heather, I am so sorry for you and Pete. I am also sorry for the well-intentioned but completely insensitive comments - don't hold it against them - stick with the well-intentioned part. As for the feeling part,just feel what you feel. I don't think anyone can tell you how to process your grief but you need to feel it because bottling it up won't make it go away. So sorry I am not there to give you big hugs but sending many virtual ones!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment