Sadface

Mrs. B is not doing well still. She dropped another pound; she now weighs 12.2 lbs. At her chubbiest she weighed around 27. A healthy weight for her is 22 lbs. While her appetite is good and she continues to shovel down the food, she's still not digesting enough of it. Each morning around 1-2 a.m. she goes out into the living room to leave several piles, despite us taking her out right before we go to bed. This morning's piles were blackish blue, which means blood in the stool. I suggested to Pete that maybe something didn't agree with her, and he said softly, she's really sick Heather. 

Tears. 

Tears. 

Tears. 

You know how with some upsetting topics you feel you are about to cry and say, you're at work and unable to bawl, so you push it out of your mind and focus on something else? I am unable to do that with this situation. I start crying and there's no filter. The tears just roll down my cheeks before I know it. I think of her running and happy on the beach with her giant grin and then I cut to this morning, with a half wag of her tail and her struggling to get up the stairs last night. 

It might be time. I have two calls into the vet to call me back when she starts work tonight at 7. The last voice mail I left her I cried. 

Comments

  1. oh Heather ... I'm so sorry. thinking good thoughts for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry Heather. This is just heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan Evans11:39 AM

    Oh no, Mrs B. Sad face indeed... :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know just exactly how you feel. There is nothing that can stop the tears, unfortunately. I just cried until I was all dried out. I'm sending all my warmest hugs your way, mama.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh heather, she's had a good good life. we got the vet to come out to our house when it was time, whenever it is mrs. b's time, and it helped a lot. i'm so sorry. i know how much you love her, and she does too. she's had a great life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I second Marys post. You and the Mrs have been through a lot together but in that time, you have given her a happy, fun, dog-treat filled life. She's been so happy and that happiness came from you. Believe me, I know how hard it is to watch your beloved pet get older and Mrs. B knows how much you love her. It's hard to say goodbye to our pets because they're like our children. She's had a long life, she's accompanied you on all of your biggest journeys and she's shared in all of your life changes. She's had a long and happy life with you. You've done a grear job.;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tiffani in FL9:54 PM

    Heather,

    I've never left a comment. I congratulated you on the PNP boards when you found out you were pregnant and then found that we read the same blogs (mrs. F for one). I'm just so upset for you right now. I cried along with Mrs. F with canine and I'm crying right now, at 12:50am Florida time, for you and Mrs. B. I've been there and I know how you feel and it just plain sucks. I'm thinking of you all....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much everyone. I really appreciate your warm wishes and thoughts. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment