Happily TBD

My first week was truly amazing. I feel like I'm using my brain again, and wow, that's pretty amazing. I love love love it. LOVE it. The commute could be better, but we could always move, I know. Not that I want to.

I've been thinking a lot about my eating/work out plans and not to sound all philosophical, but I'm not sure what's going to happen next. I started working out really hard in early 2007 when I first got married as a source of stress relief, as Pete and I were crammed into my amazing amazing amazing but too small for both of us apartment. It evolved when I discovered Corinne and PNP, and started learning more about lifting and interval workouts. But I have to say, a LOT of my obsessing and kicking off new plans was mostly because I was understimulated at work and needing some type of goal that I could work towards. And something that I could have pride in and be happy and excited about. Because work was not anything like that.

Which is admirable, in and of itself. I learned that I can accomplish anything. Like anything. Another milestone was doing Atkins. Mad props to Mary for the suggestion. I wish I done it earlier. It is the KEY for my metabolism; I know it's not for everyone but it is for me. 

I also have to wonder if a lot of the emotional eating was the result of the unhappiness: if I stopped it, I'd lose weight and THEN what would I work on? What would happen to my goals and plans?

So now that it looks like work is going to be amazing, it will be really interesting to see how it pans out and what that means for my weight and fitness plans. My heart feels so much lighter this week, and I know that has a um, a big impact on my health.

I've been weighing (ha!) the benefits of doing NROL4W Phase 3 vs. Tom Venuto's program all week, and I don't have the same OH MY GOD THIS IS GOING TO BE AMAZING thoughts about following a plan. It'll be great, no doubt, but it won't be a significant source of my pride, joy and satisfaction in life.

My brother is going to check into getting me on a membership with his health club; they have a location right near my office and several of my co-workers work out at lunch. Now that I've figured out I can do 30-40 mins of lifting/cardio 6x a week to stay in fantastic shape, I can totally do that at lunch. It doesn't really matter what program I follow, as long as I can do one. I've thought about going after Lucia goes to bed, and I may try that this week. But the key part of all of this is there's no urgency or MUST and obsessive thoughts about all of this. There's just some hmmm. It's really refreshing.

Comments

  1. It'll be great, no doubt, but it won't be a significant source of my pride, joy and satisfaction in life.

    soooo interesting!

    Heather, so VERY glad you aren't still at the old job. So so so glad you are in a new awesome job. Can't wait to see how it's going to affect, uh...you entire life. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds amazing. i'm so happy for you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! That is super exciting and very interesting. I am also interested to see how a great job affects your general well being.

    I'm so happy for you that you love your new job.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment