Weekend Update

Just like when Dennis Miller was the anchor. Tho I do love me some Tina Fey...

Here's the update folks:

  • Pete and I were going to hike HERE today, but my damn knees still aren't cooperating. Then I thought about doing a picnic at the local park so Mrs. B, my beloved yet thoroughly neglected these days dog could also come with. But it's foggy and cold. Damn.
  • I'm pissed about my knees. And feeling really conflicted. I really want to run races, but if running races is going to 1. injure me and 2. prevent me from working out and 3. prevent me from having a sanity outlet and 4. prevent me from losing weight, then you can clearly see that running is just not worth it. Walking, especially badass treadmill hill walking, burns just as many calories and is wayyyy easier on the joints. Maybe I can ease into running? I thought I was easing in... maybe I'm just too damn out of shape.
  • I slept from 10 p.m. until 7 a.m. this morning, with a small break when Lucia woke up at 3 a.m. and I nudged Pete to get up. Sweeeeet.
  • Tonight we're having dinner with friends we met in the NICU. Pete overheard the guy talking in Swedish, and since Norwegian is so close to Swedish/Danish, he could understand him, and they started talking. Since then, we've kept in touch and they're frequent commenters on Team Hansen (Maya's World).
That's all I can think of. I literally have 8-9 loads of laundry to do today. Note: our next apartment will have a washer/dryer in the unit!

Comments

  1. Re: the knees.
    Keep in mind that you are heavier than you were when you ran before. For every pound of body weight it is 4 pounds of joint pressure. So maybe when you get down a little more you'll find it easier to get back into running. Until then you might want to stick with walking. Maybe that's encouraging?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I've walked the Dish many o' time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I slept from 10 p.m. until 7 a.m. this morning Now that is totally sweet. I think some babies are better sleepers than others and it sounds like you got a good sleeper. Me? Not so much. We still do not have 'gifted sleepers'.

    How is it going with being back at work? Are you managing okay with everything? It sounds like it. It must be comforting to know that Pete is home with Lucia. Oh right, weren't you going to share a nanny with a friend. I forgot about that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I slept from 10 p.m. until 7 a.m. this morning. Bitch!
    she says in the kindest of ways.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss dennis. he cracked me up and, when I worked on a talk show at a cbs affiliate, I met him because he was then the lowly audience warmerupper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just remembered something!!! When I went to get my running shoes after Kara was born, the sales lady and I were talking about the fact that I had just had a baby. She asked if I was breastfeeding. I told her I was and she told me to be careful. She said that the hormone that helps your joints soften and stretch when you are pregnant stick around while you are breastfeeding and that it can take up to 18 months after you stop breastfeeding for your joints and ligaments to get back to normal. I don't know if it is true or not, but I just remembered that she had said that and to be careful running. Maybe that's why your knees hurt.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment