Lift HL Lift

*** UPDATE ***

Damn that routine was humbling. After doing the walking lunges (WITH NO WEIGHT) once, I knew I had overdone it, so I modified the routine to do stationary lunges. Then I dropped the wall sits and glute presses. People, I used to do walking lunges with 20 lbs of weight. Ouch. Literally. I started to get discouraged when I noticed my profile (ahem, round) in the mirror while doing dips, and I stopped for a second. But then I thought, NOPE. This is NOT who you are. You are not the fat girl. You are taking this weight off. And back at the dips I went. Rockin.


***
You know I love me some cardio. I love getting my HR up there and feeling like I'm going to take off on the treadmill. But I noticed this ahem, two years ago, when getting in shape for my wedding(s): I have MUCH better results when I'm regularly strength training, meaning lifting weights. Results = changes in my body.

So today friends, the ST routine is back. I'm not doing anything nuts, and god knows I'm far off from Corinne's routines for a while, but I figured I'll do this for a few months, then I'm doing Red Carpet Ready. I'm doing full body ST 3x a week, then doing cardio the other three (more on that tomorrow). Here's my routine:


Bicep Curls 3x10
French Press 3x10
Military Press 3x10
Lat Raises 3x10

Walking Lunges 3x10 (each leg)
Deadlifts 3x10
Squats 3x10
Hammer Curls 3x10

Push Ups 3x10
Dips 3x10
Glute Press 3x10
Wall Sits 30 sec.

New puma shoes are in the bag -- I'm excited to wear them, and I'm excited to see how many calories I burn today. Rockin.


Comments

  1. I'm so happy to see you getting excited about working out and LIFTING! You can guess I'm a huge fan. :)

    Your full body program looks great.

    I love that you are excited to wear your super cute Pumas! I'm a NIKE SHOX's girl and I have about 6 pairs. :P I always feel awesome in them.

    Hey...even when everything in your closet doesn't fit the shoes still do. :)

    Can't wait to hear how the workout was. I'll be checking in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, good for you for not keeping at it even though it was tougher than in the past. You are so not the fat girl, but I know how you feel. It's not you as you feel best.

    PS I checked out the photos from your visit to the park the other day. Awesome photos. Lucia is so gorgeous. It is so beautiful there, too. Ahhh, the water and mountains. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just read your update. Good for you!!! Think how satisfying it will be to see that reflection change. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY HEATHER! You didn't stop. You didn't let that negative talk derail YOUR PLANS!

    GOOD FOR YOU! :)

    Just remember. It's going to get easier...the more consistant you are the more you'll see change. Stick with it!

    VERY PROUD OF YOU HOT MAMA!!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment