Damn You Amy



I mentioned to Amy yesterday that the vending machine at work was out of Diet Coke. You know, the Diet Coke I'm trying to wean myself from? You know, the one with the BPA-lined cans, and filled with aspartame? Right. That's the one.

She said, "You know those things are not good for you, Miss Organic."

And it struck such a chord with me. Here I'm go out of my way -- way way way out of my way to eat organic and not use plastics in the event of possibly ingesting something harmful, and here I am knowingly consuming something I know is harmful. Counter studies be damned. There's a reason why this stuff is that addictive -- it has to be bad for you. It just has to.

And now I can't think about Diet Coke without singing the song from Sesame Street, one of these things is not like the other...

Damn you Amy.

Comments

  1. Haha. I don't do artificial sweeteners. Mostly because I think they taste like crap. I won't get all high and mighty, though cuz I love me some Dr. Pepper.

    BTW, my kids are thoroughly enjoying this video. **off to watch it one more time**

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!

    We all have our vices...Diet Coke is not that bad as a vice:) Don't try to change too many things all at once or you'll go on a frenzy!!

    I think my vice would be that Skinny Cow I have at the end of the evening. I can't even read the ingredients because it is so fake all the way through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diet Coke freaks me out.
    Then again, I tell myself all the good things I'm trying to do somehow outweigh my vices. (ie, I recycle all plastic so I am allowed to take a really long shower, haha. I know it doesn't work that way but there you go! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did someone say cookies?

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok, now I'm humming that song!

    and yet I go out of my way to avoid plastic water bottles yet I drink Diet Pepsi from the can by the truckload.

    Until I read this, I never even THOUGHT about the BPA in the stupid can!

    How DUMB am I?
    Thank you for the insight.
    and the song.

    (goodbye DP in the can, I will miss you....)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment