Quick Update

I'm blogging instead of going to bed... witness my loyalty to you.

1. Breastfeeding from the actual breast went really well today. I used the shield and fought off an aggressive nurse who insisted that I really should not use the shield. I win, lady. She meant well, but dude.

2. Lucia is coming home tomorrow, assuming she'll have another problem-free evening. We're out of our heads excited, and a little nervous.

3. My stepsister Kate arrived today and has already been a great help. It's great to see her, and I'm so happy she'll be here when we go to get Lucia tomorrow. We're also making a run to the dreaded BRU beforehand. Apparently there are these things to put in your bra so you don't ruin your $50 nursing bras with lansinoh stains. Who knew?

4. I weighed today and was a little dismayed that it was only 7 lbs lighter than last week, um, when I was pregnant. Dude. The kid weighed 6 lbs, 6 oz, WTF? I figure it's because I was pumped so full of fluids and I'm a milk lady for sure these days -- I just pumped 3-4 oz out of each breast in about 20 minutes. Yes I have more important things to think about than how much I weigh.

Comments

  1. Girl, you are a milk machine!! That is so awesome. Getting that much milk at this point in the game is amazing.

    I told Fred that Lucia was not throwing up since y'all took the feeding tube out and gave her little throat a break. He said, "and whose idea was that? the mom's? yeah, I thought so." :) He knows all about mothers intution. Go Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather,
    I hadn't lost more than the weight o' the bambinos until I got home either... then you'll start to lose the crazy fluid they pumped you up with... then you'll start to lose. Do NOT worry. You will lose your weight... it takes time though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. after I had little guy I had only lost 9lbs in a week and he weighed just over eight but 11 days later I'd lost almost 30 lots of fluid retention I peed so much and sweat like crazy, youll see it will happen. Im so happy Lucia will finally be home soon and everything will be fine see you already have that great mothers intuition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy to hear all your good news! You are doing awesome! I too held a lot of fluid after my boys were born. You'll be amazed how fast it goes, once it starts. It's like the amazing shrinking woman everyday! :P

    I can't wait to see litte Lucia in her own home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, dude! Stock up on the nursing pads. I go through them like mad. I mean, if you're a leaker like me. No matter how much I feed the guy, I leak in between. I tried all the brands and Advent is best. Reusables don't work if you leak. If this is just for the ointment though, I'll shut up, haven't used that so regular pads may work...Grocery stores sell them too, and Target.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy to hear things are going well and that Lucia will be coming home!! Hugs to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ok seriously. Everything I write is just coming out WRONG.

    happy you and le bebe are home.
    so glad the bfing is going better.
    weight loss WILL come.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment