First Week on WW Review

Um, not so good. I did great, but frankly, I was increasingly hungry all week. There's not a lot of quick options or snacks that are on the Core list, so um, that's annoying. This meant I had to warm up leftovers or cook every single time I ate something. I ate fiber one, soymilk and banana every day, as well as oatmeal.

There were many times this week when I didn't feel like cooking and opted for sleep instead. This isn't good for me long-term, I know, and it's not good for my metabolism or milk production. Milk production has been on the decline all week, and I suspect it's because I'm not eating enough. Today, for example, I ate a banana, then a salad at Baja Fresh with extra chicken, pico de gallo, lettuce and 3 oz of guacamole. Then three eggs, a low carb tortilla and more guacamole. Then oatmeal with blueberries, a banana and soymilk. I'm *positive* I'm not at 1800 calories.

So friends, this week I am experimenting with counting calories. This way at least I can have my Ezekial 4:9 bread with raisins and beloved peanut butter. I think counting calories will give me more flexibility throughout the day and week. I don't need to feel guilty for having a freaking whole-grain waffle (not a Core food).

The other thing I missed this week was a cheat meal. I didn't have one. So tonight, yes the night before I weigh in, I had chips with even more guacamole. I suspect the scale will be affected tomorrow, but I'm ok with that.

Comments

  1. I think it is so great that you are reevaluating what works as you go! Keep us posted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what works for you. Sometimes rigid rules just don't work (like "core" foods). Plus don't you get extra calories for milk-making???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies. Yep, I think the calorie counting is going to work much better. Even though it's made me a little crazy in the past, since I'm logging my food in anyway at WW, I might as well count the calories.

    POM -- WW says for the Core program, nursing moms should increase fruits and vegetable servings to 8 servings a day. That's just not a reality for me right now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you are doing the right thing. The thing for me was/is that when you are caring for a baby you really have a lot less time/will to be totally hardcore. You need basic things like actual sleep. You should be enjoying your food at a time like this. That's why the calorie counting worked for me. Once you figure out the number that allows you to lose you really can have anything you want. You can go back to Core if you need to when you have more energy to get in that space. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment