So What Are You Up to Heather?

Oh just stimulating my nipples. Just another Sunday night over here. Nipple stimulation is a natural labor inducer and the doc said it was OK to do. I'm 39 weeks tomorrow, so if she doesn't come in the next week I'll have to be induced, as you well know. So I put together my fancy-schmancy breast pump and am sitting at the dining room table (of all places), alternating three minutes on, seven off. After the first round, Pete and I were riveted to see actual liquid seeping from my breasts. My response: "I'm gonna be a mom! And I'm going to be able to feed my baby!" Freaking awesome. I feel like my body is finally on my side, after tricking me and betraying me with the diabetes and all. Yay BODY! Yay yay yay for working right!

I'm only allowed to do this routine for an hour a night, and she said it was pretty powerful in terms of efficacy, so we'll see what happens. I'm hoping between that and a long mall-walk tonight (with plenty of light cramps, etc.) and the full moon tomorrow, LG will be here soon!

Comments

  1. Oh just stimulating my nipples. lol! I hope it works!! I didn't realize you are 39 weeks. I am so excited for you and Pete!! Just think a month from now, you will be entrenched in mommyhood. It is an amazing place to be. I always get a huge grin when I think of those first moments as a new mom. It is a special little world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so exciting!!! Good job, mommy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It didn't work. Damn.

    But I did call Mary last night and proclaimed, "MY BOOBS WORK!" Such pride over here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh wait til you feed LG and then can still pump out 2oz!!! Good times!
    C'mon LG!!! I have my money on today...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad the boobs work. Quite a relief. The rest of your body will work too - and very soon my dear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dunno Amy, I'm not feeling it. Though I feel like I'm going to start my period at any minute. Pete has a cold and after some choking drama, I'm hoping she DOESN"T come today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah yes... You know, hubby can do the stimulating too! Take it from a French girl to make it more... ahem... ya know... SAXYYYYYYYYYYYY!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment