MY updates

Pete and I went on a date to the hospital cafeteria today, how cute is that? I got a tuna sandwich and big salad and Coke Zero. About an hour afterwards, I didn't feel good. Two hours afterwards = really not feeling good. At all. I took some Maalox and still feel somewhat ill and not interested in eating.

I don't have preeclampsia.

I'm going home tomorrow. Lucia probably isn't. I'm trying to remember that this is OK; her being healthy is what's important.

Milk is in; I think I have a clogged duct. Dammit. I'm trying to massage and sleep.

After asking at least 4 nurses if I needed a nipple shield and all of them saying no, a freaking neonatologist decides to use a rubber nipple against my nipple today to see what Lucia will do. Whaddya know, it works like freaking gangbusters. She's sucking away like crazy. She doesn't have a sucking problem. I have a short nipple problem, which I said about a zillion times and everyone dismissed me. I've said it before, I'll say it again, my instincts never fail me.

Thank GOD my stepsister is arriving Friday to help us out. It's her first visit to California, bless her, and she'll be spending it cooking and cleaning and holding Lucia. What a champ.

That's all I can think of. I wore normal clothes today and felt so much better. But then the lunch thing happened and I felt like death. So there you go.

Comments

  1. I'm so glad you updated! I have been worried about y'all.

    I gotta say, I'm not so impressed with the nurses at that hospital. Yahoo that the nipple shield works.

    I'm so sorry about the yucky feeling. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hooray on the sucking success!!! don't give up!!! (not that you are)... trust your instincts and your body. you are right. go, lucia, go! :) love to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nipple shields saved my life. It's like everything else related to newborns...whatever makes life easier for the whole family--go with it.

    Glad you get to go home. Lucia will be with you before you know it. Stay strong, you're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to see the update. You are doing beautifully. Really. And little Lucia will be home with you very soon.

    Hope you feel better...

    Wow, I am impressed you were wearing normal clothes...I think I had that damn hospital gown on the whole time I was in there with Jack...and I was there a whole week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. God bless the nipple shield!!!
    And I mean that in all seriousness. It was my breastfeeding saving grace!
    Glad all is well, and I hope Lucia will come home soon. She's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im glad to hear b'fing is going better and definently trust your instincts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still feel like death. Bleh. Otherwise, updates over at Team Hansen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you got out, even if only down to eat.

    I sent you a link to kellymom - it was my only saving grace with b-feeding and I found it because of my instincts with the Big E. A woman's intuition, it definitely never fails!

    It is unfortunate that you are experiencing some of the ick that isn't written about in those bliss of pregnancy books. Hope you feel better soon.

    Once Lucia is home with you all, it will all melt away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome on the nipple shield. Best of luck, we can BF commiserate together now!!!
    Hope that Lucia gets to go home very soon with you! I'm sure you'll be spending almost every waking moment near her in the hospital anyways until she can go home.
    I'll visit you when you're ready. Love to all of you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment