This is Happy, Right?

Poor Pete pointed to my belly last night and said, "this is happy, right?" He was worried since I came home crying yesterday, saying that I felt like a failure and was just so over the whole thing.

I assured him, of course this is happy. And he's right. I lose sight of that and dwell on the negative. This is extraordinarily happy. I have a lot to be thankful for. Baby girl may not stop moving during the day but it means she's healthy and vigorous and thankfully thankfully thankfully, I'm less concerned about stillbirth the more she moves. The diabetes sure is a pain, but it's forcing me to exercise, which is going to help me regain my pre-pregnancy shape faster. The diet has weaned me off sugar, which is a major accomplishment in my book.

And it's not much longer until I get to meet our baby girl. I really am excited!

Comments

  1. Awww, I'm sorry. Pregnancy is a wonderful and happy thing. But it is hard sometimes. Keep reminding yourself of the good things. Once little girl arrives, all the crappy things will be a distant memory. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to focus on the positive. BG will be here soon and you'll be so overwhelmed with good things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just had to review my pregnancy with Kid for her (very thorough) doctor's appointment... and all I could really say was that I HATE being pregnant. It is fun for everyone... it's uncomfortable and hard... you don't have to like to be excited about having a baby (or to be a good mom).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! Your support and understanding is greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH that should have said "It's NOT fun for everyone"
    D'oh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is in the countdown now. You are doing great! Really. I am so excited for you and Pete. Believe me, you will soon forget so much of the difficulties that are associated with pregnancy (worse for some than others.) Truly. It is the only way people have more than one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment