One Very Painful Contraction?

So tonight I had a really, really painful contraction. It started out with just an ow, that doesn't feel good, but then it built and built and soon it felt like I was being stabbed right in the lower abdomen. Pete, upon hearing me say, ow OW OW OW OW OW came in and told me to take deep breaths. I guess it lasted like 15 seconds or so. It definitely took my breath away. Needless to say, I'm now very scared of labor pain. I had a painless Braxton-Hicks while walking around Target tonight (got two new nightgowns, hooray!). So maybe I should read up more on labor pain and not be wishing it was right around the corner. Owww.

Comments

  1. hey those kind of contractions are usually the productive ones right?
    not to get your hopes up...but moving in the right direction, no?

    (ps are you going for natural?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. really, contractions beating a closed cervix feel bad.
    But yeah, you're getting there!!!
    I am 1 cm dilated (oh, the sexy details) so I am getting there too, though it feels like f.o.r e.v.e.r.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes ladies! It appears we're moving in the right direction! I'm trying to walk as much as possible (but there's a heat wave here). I'm having other symptoms as well, that I don't think I'll disclose here on the blog. But good signs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:01 PM

    That OW OW is normal :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, on the nightgowns. Booo on the pain. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whooooooo hoooo!
    C'mon LG, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment