Baby Stuff Checklist Update -- Cause I'm Positive You're Dying to Know
Here's where we are:
- Crib: check
- Bedding: check
- Glider: check
- Stroller: check
- Car seat: check
- Clothes: like, triple check. Seriously.
- Diapers & wipes: check
- Dresser/changing table: check
- Diaper bag: check
- Breast pump: ordered
- Mattress & waterproof pad: ordered
Still to do:
- Wash the baby clothes/sheets. Because I'm neurotic and worried constantly about phthalates, I wondered if my previous plan of washing all of the clothes, then anything higher than 3 mos in space bags was not a good plan. So now I'm going to wash just the NB and 0-3 mos stuff, then put everything else away, and get it out and wash it when she's ready for it. It's not like she'll grow out of her clothes over night. Well, let's hope not anyway.
- Figure out what kind of blanket/pad to put in the Bugaboo bassinet, and put aside fears that nonorganic padding in there is not going to instantly give her cancer.
Other RIVETING non baby updates:
- I had to return one of the hair products and instead got an extra hold gel. Me loves.
- Sorry Robin, I have switched concealers. Bobbi Brown's three-step thing isn't doing it for me, especially since I spilled something in the step 3 product and now can only do 2 steps, and quite honestly mostly have the energy to do only step 1. I'm now using THIS (bought last year in Vegas trying to cover up a bachelorette party hangover) and freaking love it.
- In a most exciting turn of events in our apartment, we found out that we can have our ghetto shower doors removed. They're on-top of the bathtub, which not only looks weird and they're superfluous, it's a bitch to get in and out of without stubbing toes and forget trying to get the baby bathub in there. Ain't gonna happen. So we're having the doors taken off. Kick-ass!!!
- We go to the doc tomorrow to talk about inducing. Woo-woo! Wait, that was totally baby related. I'm hoping you'll let me off the hook. ;)