Eating for Two, or in My Case, Five
Friends, I'll fill you in on my Jamaica trip later, but first things first: I decided to weigh today, because I feel absolutely whale-ish and awful in general about my body, and whaddyaknow, I've gained 10 lbs.
Let's do the math: 5 weeks today since I found out I was pregnant = 10 lbs. Are you stunned with my ability to gain weight? Here's how I did it:
- Eat mostly carbs, particularly Trader Joe's pizza and whole grain waffles
- Disregard portion size
- Eat whenever you're anxious about something
- Eat until you're pants-splitting full, way past the satisfied mark.
- Have absolutely no handle on how many calories you're having
- Find it perfectly fine to have french toast with butter and syrup every day on vacation
- Stop working out completely.
Let me just remind readers that the recommended weight gain for the first trimester (I'm only in week 9) is 5 lbs. (at the most).
I've analyzed the reasons and the why and how and blah blah and the good news is I've identified why, and I'm not completely beating myself up. But the thing is, I'm going back to my old ways of eating, mini, clean meals, aiming for 1700-1800 calories a day. You'll remember that the scale did not move for months when I ate this way, and now that's my goal. More so than the weight gain, I'm positive that 31 more weeks of eating like this will make it awfully hard to go back to the old way of eating once The Wee arrives. So I'm starting again today. I've packed my mini-meals in my cooler, I've packed my gym clothes (got full clearance from my doc) and today's a new day.