Burby, Nauseous and Food-Hungover From Last Night

So THIS is the fatigue that everyone's talking about. Got it. And the nausea, with it's coming and going, ever so annoying. I'm comforted by what the books say -- that the nausea is a sign the hormones are kicking in. 

I broke down and bought low-rise maternity pants tonight. Look, I can't wear my pants unbuttoned at work. Old Navy = not that great of a selection, but the pants I bought were $16. Sweet. 

Thanks for your kind comments/thoughts last week when I was doing my usual obsessing thing; it really helped. I've relaxed about the eating, and am focusing on getting balanced mini-meals since I can't seem to eat very much, but I sure can eat often. 

Last night Pete and I celebrated our anniversary at Gary Danko, San Francisco's #1 restaurant, and the #2 restaurant in the country. It was freaking fantastic. Despite planning on getting three courses, I got FIVE. Here's what I had:

  1. Seared Foie Gras with Caramelized Red Onion and Fuji Apple
  2. Striped Bass with Potato-Chorizo Risotto, Pearl Onions, Niçoise Olives and Sauce Verte
  3. Beef Tenderloin with King Trumpet Mushrooms, Potato Gratin, Cassis Glazed Shallots and Stilton Butter 
  4. A Selection of Farmhouse and Artisanal Cheeses Presented Tableside (dude!!! You get to choose 4 cheeses out of 30 they present)
  5. Baked Chocolate Soufflé with Two Sauces
It was heavenly, and I was so full afterwards I thought I was going to hurl. But it was so wonderful and lovely; the service there is so amazing, they really spoil you. I'll blog more about our one-year anniversary on Monday. But today is Super Bowl, and we met two years ago today, at a party. 

Comments

  1. Ohhh, I'm drooling over your awesome dinner! Happy Anniversary.

    Also, on the maternity stuff, Old Navy has a huge selection online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great evening. I hear ya on the food hangover. I am suffering one of those myself. Damn Superbowl food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That food sounds amazing. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dinner sounds amazing! I heart food.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment