Right, what she said!

Mrs. F did a much better recap than I of our big date. I have to say, she reminded me a lot of Megan, (who btw concurred with the crazy cardio opinion). We talked like we'd be friends for forever. She gave some very wise advice about procreating with the ADD-boy, that was comforting. I've never known anyone with a husband with ADD, so her being there to run past the IS THIS CRAZY OR WHAT? scenarios is a God-send. Bonus points for not laughing at my lump ass while trying on dresses or my PMS-inflated boobs that are seriously going to take over Detroit at any minute. I felt like Godzilla next to her. She is SMALL. And dammit, if she can do it with two kids and craziness at home, so can I. Which is a great seque into my important/annoying/crazy announcement about my weight loss plan for the next four weeks:

So people, here is the plan, and I know I've changed plans a lot, so just bear with me/make fun of me/laugh with me next week when I panic that I've done the wrong thing.

I Love love love love Corinne. Let's make sure I say that up front. Love her insights and wisdom and REAL-ness, and all of it. But she's building a body-building body. And I have faithfully done her routines for 6 months now. I have unquestionably changed my body in ways I never thought possible. I'm strong. I can kick some total ass.

However, the workout routines um, how shall we say, are not getting me the body I want. Mrs. F is apple-shaped, so I could never have a body like hers, but people, I can get that small. No, make that I WILL GET that small. As we talked yesterday about tuning chakras, breastfeeding and many other things, you have to believe that you can do it. I wholeheartedly agree.


So here is the plan:

MWF = 30 mins bike, 30 mins elliptical trainer. Intervals on both.

TRS = 60 mins. walking intervals. Lower the speed slightly from my 50-min routine, and increase the incline. This'll will hopefully burn off my lumpy butt and my thighs.

and most of all people, this will get that scale moving. I feel like a total traitor for going off-Corinne's plan for 4 weeks, but I really having nothing to lose. Except the lumps.

Comments

  1. Hey Heather,
    How exciting to have a new plan. :) I totally get what you are saying about Corinne. I love her, too, but what works for some doesn't always work for others. And although I want to be strong, I want to be thin. I would like my figure to be more like hers was just before she became a personal trainer. She used to have a picture on her Loggies Mom site that was inspirational to me. I think she looks great now, but I don't want to look like that.

    I was talking to Mrs. F about the crazy cardio last week and was planning to do it, too. How would you feel about having kind of a Furious Challenge. For the next four weeks, we can commit to the Furious Crazy Cardio, and check up on each other to see how we are doing. I think I might be more likely to stick with it if I have someone to report to. If you don't want to, it won't hurt my feelings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a great idea. I'm game. I get home today, and am starting tomorrow! Let's do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! I'm excited. I am going to start today. Have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!!
    You can do it!!!
    I swear to god it will work.


    Dude I'm totally in on the Furious Challenge. I'm gonna see if I can more people on board.
    But I too really want to get back into it!
    God I am SO freaking excited.

    PS I also convinced my best friend (yes the Martha one) to do it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BUT I also plan on doing 3 sets of pushups, 10 the first week, 12 the second week, and so on ... three days a week. I want to keep the upper body strength that I've gained.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mrs F, you're in charge of the whistle and clipboard!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lord, I've created a monster!

    Heather, I am going to continue to do weights upper body twice a week. I am a total pear shape and if I don't lift with my upper body, I will get way too skinny up top. I will do incline walking and stairmaster for my cardio, so that should firm the lower half.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok Robin, that's allowed. :) But I'm not going to do the weights. Pushups on my toes are hard! But I really believe they're one of the best exercises for arms/shoulders.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When you say "lumps" i think of the song "lovely lady lumps."

    I wish I could get in 6 days of cardio. I am going to try, but not sure I can get it in. My goal now is to run 20 miles a week. I do push ups and planks after my runs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow that sounds like a great plan! Good luck with it! I know you can do it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi POM! I wish these were just the lovely lady lumps. My butt is still a bit squishy. But not for long!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment