OK, here is the deal

I haven't wanted to tell you what was going on with me, for obvious reasons, but I really can't hold back anymore. I've thought about you, loyal readers, and weighed the pros and cons of telling vs. not telling, and I've decided to tell.

Drumroll please...

I'm pregnant. As in, with child. 6 weeks along today, as a matter of fact. We're happy. Really happy, but a bit freaked, as in holy shit. It was a total surprise; and we're still processing the news. In a perfect world we would have taken the time to process all of our feelings, from elated to annoyed that I won't reach my freaking bikini goal. But folks -- NEWSFLASH -- this isn't a perfect world. So I told a few people, then a few more, then a few more, and now here I am. I'm throwing it out there. If you're a member of my family (Hi Aunt Nancy!!) then hello, and I'm sorry a personal call or email didn't follow. We'll be announcing the news to the full family after the 12-week mark, or possibly after the first ultrasound, Feb. 6. I fully realize that I could miscarry. I'm freaked out, and honest to God, check my breasts for tenderness every 5 minutes to make sure "I'm still pregnant."

I remember when other friends first found out they were pregnant; I remember hearing about the emotional rollercoaster. Friends, readers, etc. This is where I am. Having a rollercoaster day; I'm up, I'm down, I'm up, I'm down. Here we go, hold on tight!

So that's why I decided to share the news. Because I need to hear from you that this is *totally normal* cause I'm feeling like a moody freak with huge boobs who is confused by the range of emotions I'm having. If you thought I was crazy before, pull up a seat and get out the popcorn friends, this is gonna be fun!

Comments

  1. Wow! Congratulations! I have never been pregnant so I do not know what is normal. But I can only imagine worry being a huge part of it, along with excitement if I were in your situation :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Heather! You know how excited I am for you (and it was great to see you today, big boobs and all). You are completely and totally normal. Yes, it's the greatest gift in the world, blah blah blah, but it's also scary as hell! What always comforted me is the fact that women have been doing this pretty successfully for a LONG time. You'll do great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! :)

    It is completely normal. Until you start seeing real physical signs of being pregnant, you will constantly wonder if you are still pregnant. And yes, the hormones make you crazy. :)

    I'm glad you decided to confess, and remember if you have any questions or need someone to talk to, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no advice to offer, other than a hearty congratulations and best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's totally normal to be crazy and 100% CONSUMED with baby thinking. How on earth can you expect to get anything done for the next 9 months? There is much too much freaking out to be done!

    I'm so excited for you though. Enjoy every crazy minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone. I feel like I have crazy PMS. I'll post more tomorrow, but I really feel like I'm going to have to start loving my body... and appreciating it...

    So thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Heather,
    I posted a picture of me very pregnant on my blog. I thought you might enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! I never had to "check" to make sure I was still prego. I was barfing all over the place. All day long.

    Fun times.

    You're going to be a great mom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh I almost forgot.

    You are *TOTALLY NORMAL.* Really.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally yay! There was something a little off...you haven't been talking about the working out thing nearly as much!

    So, then, I take it the 5k is out of the question! Maybe you can come cheer me on!

    ReplyDelete
  12. And Newmie is always the last to know.:) You know I love ya Snakey... You and Lars are going to be great parents, bikini be damned.:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know I'm happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! My heart skipped a beat, I am so happy for you!

    Oh, I get the freak-out part. When I first got pregnant by "whoops", I was 30 years old and had been married for 5 years, but I was so freaked out, that when I called my a new OBGYN to get that first appointment, they fully thought I was some unmarried teenager and were shocked to see that I was not.

    You will be a fantastic pregnant lady...I just know it. Adorable as ever:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  16. kaspar & sabine11:41 AM

    Congrats, and good luck! Its exciting to be expecting parents!:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment