I had a great workout tonight; a whole 30 minutes on the treadmill. Here's the weird thing: I felt really tired and was really surprised my heart rate wasn't through the roof. I kept it below 145. I got my yoga DVDs today from Megan (thanks Megan!!) and am planning on doing that this weekend, after I get my treadmill time in. My goal is three cardio sessions a week, and two yoga sessions. 

Just in case you're wondering, I'm doing fairly terrible on eating. I keep trying to go back to my old leaner days, cause I feel bloated and gross, and then I end up eating my two mini-meals by 1 p.m., and I'm screwed, so I hit the vending machine. Tonight, it was a better choice, but still not that great: kashi dark chocolate oatmeal cookie with milk. My cravings are salt, carbs and milk; my aversions are meat, fish and anything super smelly. How can I eat semi-healthy with that? I forced myself to eat two salads today, which is an improvement. But I'm struggling. And struggling more with beating myself up over it. I TOLD you getting pregnant would not get rid of the crazy. Once crazy, always crazy. 

Comments

  1. Megan7:03 AM

    Take it easy kiddo, the first tri-mester is the worst for feeling tired. Once you hit 12 weeks, you'll be ready to climb a mountain! Good for you for getting to the gym at all. You're my hero!

    Start bringing a cooler of food to work with you, remember how I used to bring tons of stuff with me to DNR???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, since your pregs, I would totally go for the carbs. ha ha any excuse to eat carbs and i"m there.

    I know the tired thing is totally normal.

    Have a good weekend deary :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude don't worry so much about what you are eating. You can focus on healthy in the 2nd trimester. And I echo Megan your energy will pick up I wouldn't push it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you are doing great. Don't worry so much about the food, just enjoy the process. You are preparing for an amazing little life that is growing in you, and that's a feat in itself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment