Today's To Do List
- Wrap every present
- Get in fight with Pete over him suffering from extreme MAN and being completely disconnected from reality.
- Try not to eat the cookies I baked for my mother in law. Those damn spicy chocolate cookies are RIDICULOUS. I ate four yesterday. They're little, but still. We're trying to phase out our plastic containers, so I have them "packed" into a container. Only yesterday I opened the container to check on them. Damn. I always have to eat the broken ones. And I did. I now am baking more for her out of guilt. And cause we forgot to get his aunt something.
- Return the drying rack for clothes that Pete broke while assembling, but refuses to take responsibility for. He says it was cheap material. I say fine, but you still broke it. He refuses to even go to Target with me to return it. (??????!!!!!!)
- Mail the packages to Norway. Cause nothing says Merry Christmas more than late packages from overseas.
- Re-package/re-gift the also ridiculously good persimmon cookies the very nice German lady who I used to sit next to at work gave me. One cookie and I knew these had to be given away or thrown in the trash. I'm weak, I cannot be trusted around things like this.
- Listen to Christmas music while wrapping endless presents and mentally adding to the to-do list, then getting misty about Pete and love and this time of year, and how friggin grateful I am for him, even though he drives me completely insane sometimes.
- Figure out how to pack/contain wrapped packages without having them look like the dog wrapped them. This could be a challenge.
- Not eat cookies. Did I mention that? Maybe I'll throw the German cookies in for Pete's aunt. Is that offensive? I certainly hope not. I can't be expected to eat this shit in small amounts. I have absolutely no self-control. No seriously. One cookie and I'm a goner.
- Drive to the office for a workout. I'm saying maybe to this, cause I might settle for working out in our little gym here. My new workout has me working my whole body three times a week (for strength training) vs Mon = shoulders, Wed = legs. I'm liking the new routine. Doing lunges with 20 lbs gets easier with practice.
- Try to clean the apartment as much as possible; I cannot leave for the East Coast with a messy apartment, or I will want to jump off the building when we get back. Trying to convince Pete to help, when his MAN seems to extreme today, could be a challenge. I tried lecturing, that didn't work out so well. Damn this marriage stuff is tricky.
I'm off to get through my list. Gulp.