Homesick

Since moving to the West Coast 2 years ago my feelings of homesickness come and go. I've loved moving out here -- the West Coast is very, very different from the East (in good and bad ways) and making the leap enabled me to grow. Plus I met my husband at that fateful superbowl party.

However. Maybe it's because I spent the week with my family and had such a blast, I dunno, but I'm terribly homesick for the East Coast and the network of friends, family, love and support I have there. Terribly. As airfare for Christmas has been INSANELY high ($700 a ticket), Peter and I made the decision to not come home for Christmas. Which left me very sad and grouchy. So on a whim, I checked airfare last night, and whaddyaknow, prices had fallen to a slightly-less-insane $363 round trip per person. I literally hopped out of bed and RAN to my purse to get my wallet. Yes, air travel is a HUGE pain in the ass. YES, I'm tired of traveling. But I couldn't bear the thought of me, or my family for that matter, twiddling our thumbs 3,000 miles apart on Christmas morning, trying to recreate some holiday magic through webcams. So I'm coming home, Dec. 24-29. I can't wait.

Comments

  1. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan1:02 PM

    YEAHHHHHHHHHHH times two!!!! We can't wait to see you. We'll be at my Mom's so we can visit unless you come down this-a-way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm waving my East Coast pom-poms, can you see me?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment