The Scrooge of Halloween

Look, I'm not a big fan of Halloween. In fact, I will say I am the Scrooge of Halloween. I don't understand grown adults getting all jazzed to get into a costume. I'm just not laid back or perhaps comfortable with myself to be all jazzed about being someone else for a day. It feels completely silly and I'm having a hard time not rolling my eyes at people. Despite my stress and anxiety levels still skyscraping-high, I'm doing my best to pass on the Halloween candy. I'm not falling for the Snickers-will-make-my-life-better ploy again! But someone dressed as a witch is going cube to cube with a basket of candy! Good God. I said no thanks. She said, Maybe I should have put vegetables in this basket. I couldn't tell if she was being snarky.

At work they're completely BONKERS about Halloween. There are cobwebs on our ghetto-fabulous cubicles. Fake spiders and bugs, and for whatever reason, they asked everyone in our department to dress in cowboy theme today. Fine. I put on my boots with my business casual and brought in a hat. They're doing a big "show" at lunchtime in the auditorium -- I am not kidding.

Where's the emoticon for rolling my eyes? FWIW I'm not a scrooge when it comes to other holidays but I'll be damned if I'm going to wear some jingle bells or easter bunny motif on my shoes or anything else.

Bah!

Comments

  1. You mean Bah Humbug, not just Bah.

    I agree that your work is crazy. I'm not a giant fan of halloween but I do like playing dress-up. I love make-up and clothes that you'd never wear in public and halloween just gives you a chance to do that. It is absurd. Especially the candy party. People should realize that candy is for kids and not adults and not bring it to offices or adult parties or houses or anything. It should be like reverse alcohol or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan5:04 AM

    Heather, you're so not alone. I hate Halloween and I have a kid. Wendy, who has three kids, really hates Halloween. Although, we did have fun drinking and handing out candy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does this mean I shouldn't send you pictures of my in my slutty cop costume?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment